COMPASS Release 5a on May 11th focused on Course Scheduling in the new Student Information System (SIS), and made Student-Facing Advising Notes and an Excess Hours card available to students through ONE.UF. Staff who schedule courses need training in the new functionality before they use it in June for the Spring 2019 Term, and can access it now via the Student Information System toolkit and myTraining. Other highlights include:
- Faculty Listserv Update: The University of Florida’s faculty listserv service will be upgraded in early June 2018 to be easily accessible via ONE.UF. List owners (instructors) will no longer have to request a listserv be created for a specific class. List owners and class rolls will be automatically refreshed daily once the class is registered in the new SIS. Information will be available soon regarding exact dates and how to access an online simulation. Read about other functionality and services rolling out for faculty and staff in our Faculty Update
- Data Changes: UF information systems on the pre-existing Student Admin after August 2018 are scheduled to be migrated off, including the Registry. Learn more in our video of the April 17th COMPASS town hall focused on ODBC data consumers, data application integrations and data on ESODBC and DB2, or on the Data Management website. Data resources, including an academic structure data dictionary, are available in our Supporting Materials
- Department View Schedule of Classes: A new Enterprise Analytics report, “Department View Schedule of Classes,” is now available for viewing class information for Fall 2018 and beyond. The “Department View Schedule of Classes” report is available by accessing Enterprise Analytics (https://reporting.it.ufl.edu) and then navigating from the left side of the screen to Team Content – Student Information – Schedule of Courses – Department View Schedule of Classes.
- Enterprise Analytics: Sign up now in myTraining to learn how to use Cognos Analytics, a recommended, easy-to-use and increasingly popular option for accessing student data structures. The courses Enterprise Reporting Analytics (ERA100) - an introduction to the reporting dashboard, and Report Authoring (ERA200)- exploring ways to create, enhance, customize, and manage reports and charts using Cognos Analytics Reporting, are available now, and both are prerequisites to sign-up for the new Student Reporting Workshops (ERA500). The hands-on workshops focus on working with reporting prompts to customize reports; exporting reports to various file formats (Excel, PDF, etc.); customizing existing reports to answer business-related questions; scheduling automated reports to be saved in Enterprise Analytics or delivered via email; and explaining how data is structured in the student data package. They will be taught by Fran Fiorello in HR Building Room 119 Thursday, June 7, 9 a.m.– noon; Wednesday, June 20, 1:30-4:30 p.m.; Tuesday, June 26, 9 a.m.-noon; Wednesday, June 27, 9 a.m.-noon. Read more about Reporting and Analytics.
- Schedule of Courses: Departments will create the Schedule of Courses in the new Student Information System and will use new Ad Astra software for the first time in late June 2018 to create the Spring 2019 term. Read more
- Resources and Support: Supporting materials, information on pending COMPASS releases, and contact information is available on the COMPASS website.