New functionality continues to roll out through COMPASS (Campus-wide Modernization Program to Advance Student Services), particularly for ONE.UF and data-related areas. Highlights include:
- Transcripts: Students can now go through ONE.UF for unofficial transcripts and to order official transcripts. Note there have been a number of changes to the transcript, including the areas of transfer credit, student biographic information, and levels associated with student academic progress. Read more
- Grading:UF also offers access to a new grades module and improved grades card with a grading calendar and grading progress information. The grades submission and approval/access go-live was Sept. 24th, with the first grading period for the Colleges of Medicine, Pharmacy, Business, and CALS. The system will be iteratively updated, developed and improved based on user experience and feedback over a 12-18 month period focused on enhancing faculty processes. The HR Grades Toolkit and COMPASS website (http://compass.ufl.edu) and offer information, training, resources and support, including a new video, “Review of Grades Submission Process,” in COMPASS > Communications & Support > Multimedia, under Student Records.
- Student Facing Degree Audit: A new ONE.UF-style audit will launch for undergraduate students Oct. 8th. (Continuing undergraduate students can also view their mainframe-style audit for comparison with the new audit.) Format changes from the old audit include a different order and organization of requirements. In addition, once students register for the next term (Spring 2019), those classes appear in the new audit as “IP” (In Progress) immediately. Current classes (Fall 2018) will also show as IP. Information on the changes and a form where students can report issues will be available via ONE.UF.
- Degree Certification: A Degree Certification toolkit is now live at https://learn-and-grow.hr.ufl.edu/toolkits-resource-center/student-information-systems/degree-certification/ .
- Academic Advising: An online course for academic advisors that covers similar content to an earlier instructor-led course is now available here through myTraining. This serves as a comprehensive view of advising, and covers topics such as the degree audit, exceptions, advising notes, milestones, and universal tracking.
- Enterprise (Cognos) Analytics: Most of UF’s student data and reporting needs will be met through Enterprise Analytics, a powerful, intuitive, easy way to quickly access and analyze information and create customized, visually exciting reports and dashboards. It includes greatly expanded access to a wider variety of data and evolving functionality. Access it at: myUFL -> Main Menu -> Enterprise Analytics -> Access Enterprise Analytics. Read more on the COMPASS website under About COMPASS > Reporting and Analytics.
- Data: We remind you that the majority of legacy systems are moving off the mainframe, and most non-enrollment data will no longer be updated, though it will remain accessible (details at data.ufl.edu). If personnel, applications or systems in your college or unit use, view or consume data (such as enrollment information, financial information, student information, names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, affiliations etc.), and you have not tested your ability to do business using the new Campus Solutions Student Information System, contact Greg McEachern (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Matthew McCarville (email@example.com) as soon as possible. If you are unsure whether you consume this type of data, or if any of the above is unclear or foreign, contact us to ensure that you will be able to access to this data after the end of the year. Understanding if and how you and your unit use this data may be mission critical to your business processes, and we want to ensure that you are prepared. Potential examples could include:
- Your unit uses the Lenel OnGuard access control and electronic security system for building access
- Administrators request a report of all students matriculating in a given term
- You manage a third party or homegrown application that imports “person” information, such as name, GatorLink ID, and email address
- Data Listservs: Three distinct data listservs have been created to focus on answering questions and fostering cooperation in the data community. You can sign up for more than one:
- PERSON-DATA-WAREHOUSE-L@lists.ufl.edu - Distribution List for Person Data in ES Data Warehouse
- STUDENT-DATA-WAREHOUSE-L@lists.ufl.edu - Distribution List for SIS Data in ES Data Warehouse
- UF-DATA-LAKE-INFO-L@lists.ufl.edu - Distribution List for UFIT Data Lake Communications
To be added to the listservs, send a separate email to each with a single address in the body of the email to LISTSERV@LISTS.UFL.EDU as follows:
- To: LISTSERV@lists.ufl.edu
- Resources and Support: Search bars in myUFL and ONE.UF offer a quick way to find the functionality you need, particularly since navigation has shifted for some areas. Supporting materials, information on pending COMPASS releases, and contact information is available on the COMPASS website, with new audience-oriented navigation paths off the home page.
o From: <exchange address>@ufl.edu
o Subject: <blank>
o Body: SUB PERSON-DATA-WAREHOUSE-L FirstName LastName
o After sending request, you will receive a confirmation email