As functional and technical teams follow up from earlier releases and test for future releases, please know how very much we appreciate your cooperation and patience while we overcome the challenges of adjusting to new systems and processes. Highlights this month include:
- COMPASS Releases 5a and b: Release 5a on May 11th will focus on Course Scheduling (for use in June for Spring 2019 Term) in the new Student Information System (SIS), and will offer Advising Notes and an Excess Hours card for students through ONE.UF. Training will be needed for those who schedule courses, and will be available via the SIS toolkit and myTraining May 14th. The student-facing degree audit and the Degree What-if Report through ONE.UF have been moved from May 14, 2018 to July 9, 2018. Read more (Editor's note: these dates may have changed)
- CourseLeaf: As of today, May 1st, the University of Florida's undergraduate academic catalog has begun using Leepfrog’s CourseLeaf Catalog, a dynamic and searchable online academic catalog management solution used by more than 200 leading colleges and universities nationwide. (Read more in our CourseLeaf article.) You can access the new catalog via the same navigation to catalog.ufl.edu you have always used. The system is designed to be intuitive, and offers an enhanced experience and functionality. If you have questions, access the Undergraduate Catalog Toolkit on the Human Resource Services website. If you experience a broken link or have questions or concerns, email the Office of the University Registrar. Thank you for your support and participation.
- Faculty Listserv Update: The University of Florida’s faculty listserv service will be upgraded in early June 2018 to be easily accessible via ONE.UF. List owners (instructors) will no longer have to request a listserv be created for a specific class. List owners and class rolls will be automatically refreshed daily once the class is registered in the new SIS. Information will be available soon regarding exact dates and how to access an online simulation. Read about other functionality and services rolling out for faculty and staff in our Faculty Update
- Data Changes: A recording of the April 17th COMPASS town hall focused on ODBC data consumers, data application integrations and data on ESODBC and DB2 is available on the COMPASS website. As a reminder, UF information systems on the pre-existing Student Admin after August 2018 are scheduled to be migrated off over time, including the Registry. Learn more in the town hall video, or on the Data Management website. Data resources, including an academic structure data dictionary, are available in our Supporting Materials
- Enterprise Analytics: Cognos Analytics and the Data Lake are recommended and increasingly popular options for accessing student data structures. The courses Enterprise Reporting Analytics (ERA100) - an introduction to the reporting dashboard, and Report Authoring (ERA200)- exploring ways to create, enhance, customize, and manage reports and charts using Cognos Analytics Reporting, are available now. Read more about Reporting and Analytics.
- Active Directory Changes: If you use enrollment Active Directory (AD) groups, please be aware of a pending change next Wednesday, May 9, 2018, in how the groups are named. Classes (formerly known as sections) will be replaced with a five-digit class number. In addition, term will be increased from five to six digits, and as a result, the corresponding UFAD group name that is created will also change. Currently UFAD groups are named with the “course_section_term” convention. The new convention will be “course_class number_term.” For example, if the current UFAD group name is ABE4043_0138_20181, the future UFAD group name will be ABE4034_10013_201801. If you have questions or need additional information, contact us via COMPASS.
- Resources and Support: Information on pending COMPASS releases and detailed contact information is available on the COMPASS website.